Dear Monica

As I understand this CS2 is from the late 17th c. It is hard to tell if -and
how- the mutual influence from cittern and guitar has worked out. It
certainly could be a subject where we guitarists could learn some.

>> I wanted to ask you if you played your wire string guitar with a
plecturm?

My battente is strung very lightly and is well 'strummable' with the
fingers. A Cd is going to be released a few weeks from now, on which I use
this instrument (by Sebastian Nunez) for song-accompaniment. Venetian songs
(1620-1640) and some Foscarini (on the Chitarra Spagnuola, of course).

> I don't think that campanellas are really an issue here.  It seems to be a
> common mis-conception re-entrant tunings have something to do with
> campanellas.

I could not agree more. A whole generation of scholars and players have been
following the wrong star.

L.