I know of a recording (I do realize that program notes on Cd's may or
may not be accurate) of all works of Fuenllana, by the group
"Orphenica Lyra", directed by Jose Miguel Moreno.

The program notes were written by Ivan Moody.  In it, he states that
Fuenllana was born  in Navalcarnero, in the province of Madrid.  He
provides no dates for the birth.  He also states, "he died at some
point before 1591 (the dates 1568 and 1579 have been suggested,
probably in Madrid."  This statement has a footnote, stating a
convenient biographical resume of Fuellana may be found in Samuel
Rubio:  "Historiia de la Musica Espanola 2: Desde el "ars nova" hasta
2600 (Madrid, 1983)" pp. 229-230.

I hope this helps.

ed

At 11:40 AM 1/2/2013, Monica Hall wrote:
>    I don't think there is anything in the prologue - they weren't very
>    worried about things like dates of birth!
>

>    I agree - 1520 seems more likely for his birth.  I think there might be
>    some evidence that he was till alive in 1579.   I'm sure I read
>    something to that effect recently.
>

>    Monica

Edward Martin
2817 East 2nd Street