To: "Monica Hall" <mjlh...@tiscali.co.uk>
Cc: "Vihuelalist" <vihuela@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2013 6:06 PM
Subject: Re: [VIHUELA] Re: Fuenllana

Dear Monica, List

Charles Jacobs, in his edition of Orphenica Lyra (OUP, 1978), says
something
about Fuenllana's date(s) of death. Apparently there's some problem,
because
certain documents imply an earlier death, but her daughter latter mentions
him as alive at a latter date, or something like that. I don't have this
book at hand, but a soon as I can find it, I'll try to find out what it
really says.

Regards

eloy

Monica Hall 1/2/13 11:40 AM mjlh...@tiscali.co.uk

   I don't think there is anything in the prologue - they weren't very
   worried about things like dates of birth!

   I agree - 1520 seems more likely for his birth.  I think there might
be
   some evidence that he was till alive in 1579.   I'm sure I read
   something to that effect recently.

   Monica