A.J.Mechelynck wrote:

> 3. During handshaking between Vim mailbot and KNBT incoming mail
> exchanger, the latter notices that [EMAIL PROTECTED] is unknown and
> immediately gives a 550 (or something) error reply to the "RCPT TO
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]" line.

Most mailers these days are not configured to do this.  It makes it way to
easy to quickly troll a domain for valid addresses for generating spam.

I suspect this is how almost all mailers are going to work.  It gets worse
when mailing lists put themselves in a reply-to header.  Then everyone on
the list gets the bounce.

There sure have been a lot of replies to a message with a sugject starting
with "Do Not Reply To This Message..."

Dave