Hi Peter,

It can (see below), but then again, the other text objects could be
implemented as vimscript as well. Extending the existing text objects to
include parameters seems like a natural fit.

David

nmap <silent> cim :call ChangeInnerParam()<cr>

function ChangeInnerParam()
   call s:selectInnerParam()
   normal x
   startinsert