On 6/5/07, Sebastian Menge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[cross-posted to vim, vim-dev, vim-announce, wikia-l]

Hi all

Finally I have imported all the vim tips from http://vim.org/tips to

    http://vim.wikia.com

and set up a minimal infrastructure to keep things going. Not everything
is perfect, but I think it is usable now.

Thanks to all the support from [EMAIL PROTECTED] and especially to the very
kind wikia community (#wikia on freenode and the mailing list,
Greetings!).

Some words on contribution: A good wiki depends on two main factors:
Excellent content and a lively community. We have a lot of good content
now, but to make it excellent we need You!

If you ever posted a tip or a comment to the old tips database, please
have a look at it on the wiki, and review the page. Every little bit
helps!

See you on the wiki, Sebastian.

Very good work Sebastian, it looks great to me.

I have already come across a new tip on vim wikia that I hadn't known anything about which I thought I might draw programmer's attention to (sorry if you already know about it). Tip #1267, which is a tip to enable a programmer to see (by a simple key combination of his/her choice), in which function they are. Very useful if you have just landed in the middle of a long function during a search for example, you know longer have to move around inside the buffer to find which function you are in, just type your chosen key combination: see http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Show_current_function_name_(for_C_programmers)
if you are interested.

Thanks very much to the original author of the tip and to everyone who has contributed to setting up the vim wikia.
Rob.