"Gene Kwiecinski" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ε†™δΊŽ 2007-06-02 00:01:21:
> >Personally, I don't agree with you. When editing short text
> >items on web pages, I feel that the overhead of copying/pasting
> >back and forth from vim is too much. I am currently using the
>
> Speaking of which, is there any quicker way to visually select the
> entire file, analogous to ^A in other systems?  I have to essentially do
>
>    1GVG<ctl-del>
>
> to stick everything into the scratchpad/clipboard/whatever to dump it
> back into the item from whence it originally came, and that's just a
> pain.  Well, not so much a pain as an annoying itch I can't quite reach.

When this is just a pain, why not just map ^A to your 1GVG<ctl-del> ?

So this come back to the topic:

If anyone approaching to emulate vim in a browser without actually calling
vim, will it reads your .vimrc and to know you had mapped ^A to
1GVG<ctl-del> ? unlikely.

Then I don't think it makes too much sense reinventing a vi-like inside
javascript.

―― After all, javascript *is* slow and I cannot afford to pay the overhead
in any serious application. In most web-sites, disabling javascript is just
something like upgrade my CPU from P4 to Core 2 Duo.
--
Sincerely, Pan, Shi Zhu. ext: 2606