Hi,
I just aquired a Sonnet Crescendo Nubus G3 300 mHz/1mB L2 cache.

I'm running system 7.5.1.  I've installed per the instructions, installed
software, removed the L2 cache from the MB, plugged the G3 card into the PDS
slot, etc.

When I booted the mac, the Sonnet extension showed up but with an X through
it. Ran Metronome, still says 80mHz. Tried several times, same thing.

Zapped PRAM, froze up at extension loading point. Booted with ext off,
disabled Sonnet extension, boots fine now but of course still reports 80mHz.

Is there anything else I can try before I give up on this thing? It could be a
dead card I suppose. There are several archived versions of the
crescendo/encore software on Sonnets site. I "could" try earlier versions, but
I'm hoping someone has had experience with this card.

Any help appreciated,
Randall