From: Vintage Macs [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Phil Beesley
Sent: segunda-feira, 16 de Janeiro de 2006 21:32
To: Vintage Macs
Subject: Re: Unidentified NuBus video card

On 15/01/06, Richard Halkyard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I have a IIfx that I recently acquired that has a video card which
escapes my
> > identification - it runs at 832x624 with separate sync and is capable of
24
> > bit colour. I have no extensions or control panels for it, and the
Monitors
> > control panel doesn't give any clues either. On the card itself there is
> > large socketed chip with a sticker saying "10-BRD0208A" and by the
backplate
> > "(C) 1991 Memory ..." (the rest is hidden by a screw) is written. On the
> > bottom edge it says "24NB PN X29SC01A - Made in USA". Near the monitor
> > connector there is a rotary switch like that on external SCSI
enclosures. I'd
> > like to know if any of you have any idea what this card is, if there's
any
> > software for it and what on earth the little switch does.

My bet is that the hidden text behind the screw says "Plus" so the
manufacturers are "Memory Plus. The model number X29S... suggests this
further. 1991 was a bad year for video cards. The board may work with
System 6 and 7, but not beyond. I've no idea what the rotary switch
does. If it has a wax seal on it, leave it alone just in case it is a
variable resistor that was set at time of manufacture. Google web
search may not throw up too much info but search on the Usenet groups
(Google Groups).

Phil