Is the video card NUBUS? I'm not that familiar with
the internals of an se30, however the 832x624
resolution and separate sync makes the card sound like
one of the NUBUS video cards made to run either a mac
portrait or two page display. Look at the video out
connection. If it looks like it takes a cable with two
large pins on one side, 10 in the middle, and 1 more
large pin on the end then it has the 13w3 type
connection some of these video cards came with for
that monitor. Either way the resolution is correct for
either a portrait or two page display. These weren't
very common for macs, so apple and a few other vendors
offered special video cards for the display.

<http://www.mail-archive.com/vintage.macs%40mail.maclaunch.com/>