On 5/12/13 11:31 PM, First Last wrote:
> you mean 1.2.x right ? because I can't get 1.3.x
> anyway, I compiled (after a change in FindTurboJPEG.cmake) the server
> and the client I got (1.2.x).

Yes, sorry.  I meant 1.2.x.  Too many releases going on at once
(libjpeg-turbo is about to be released as well, and it's 1.3.x.)

> First I installed only "vncserver" on my pc-server, I don't know if it's
> an error but "vncpasswd" wasn't installed by "make install", I had to
> copy the file myself..

You have to do 'make xserver-install' to install Xvnc and the other X
server components.  See BUILDING.txt.

> Second I connected my client (the binary version downloaded from arch
> repositories) then I try to launch several applications :
> user@server vncpasswd]$ lxtask
> Xlib:  extension "RANDR" missing on display ":1".
> The program 'lxtask' received an X Window System error.
> This probably reflects a bug in the program.
> The error was 'BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)'.
>    (Details: serial 370 error_code 2 request_code 136 minor_code 34)
>    (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
>     that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
>     To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
>     option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
>     backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error()
> function.)
> [user@server vncpasswd]$ mousepad
> Xlib:  extension "RANDR" missing on display ":1".
> The program 'mousepad' received an X Window System error.
> This probably reflects a bug in the program.
> The error was 'BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)'.
>    (Details: serial 1608 error_code 2 request_code 136 minor_code 34)
>    (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
>     that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
>     To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
>     option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
>     backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error()
> function.)
> [user@server vncpasswd]$ firefox
>
> (process:5041): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion
> `sys_page_size == 0' failed
> Xlib:  extension "RANDR" missing on display ":1".
> ###!!! ABORT: RenderCreateLinearGradient: BadValue (integer parameter
> out of range for operation); 390 requests ago: file
> /build/src/mozilla-release/toolkit/xre/nsX11ErrorHandler.cpp, line 157
> ###!!! ABORT: RenderCreateLinearGradient: BadValue (integer parameter
> out of range for operation); 390 requests ago: file
> /build/src/mozilla-release/toolkit/xre/nsX11ErrorHandler.cpp, line 157
> Erreur de segmentation (core dumped)
>
> well after having this, I decided to make a new user with no
> gtk-bullshit theme, then everything is working fine!
>
> tomorrow (I mean in a couple of hours) I will copy the compiled viewer
> on my client and do some tests, if you are interested by having some
> informations like what kind of gtk-bullshit theme I've installed or
> whatever fell free to ask... maybe I shoul notice that my client and my
> server share the same gtk-bullshit-stuffs and everything works fine on
> my client.

Not really sure why all of your X programs were looking for XRANDR, but
if it's now working, that means you were definitely suffering from the
same issue as we observed on other recent Linux distros, so the 1.2
final code should work.

XRANDR isn't supported in the current release of TurboVNC, but it will
be in the next one.