On 5/13/13 8:41 AM, First Last wrote:
> actualy it's what I did, "make xserver-install" ( when I wrote the mail
> I was almost asleep...) so to be clear "make xserver-install" didn't
> install "vncpasswd".

'make install' installs vncpasswd and vncconnect.  'make
xserver-install' installs Xvnc.  You have to do both of them.

> I don't understand either, IRC it happens also when I start an
> application without any wm.

If I thought I could reproduce it on another type of Linux distro, I'd
be happy to try, but I just don't have the cycles (or the disk space) to
install and test every single distro out there.

>>XRANDR isn't supported in the current release of TurboVNC, but it will
>>be in the next one.
>
> great! so we will be able to change the desktop resolution when turbovnc
> is running ?
> (...and stuffs like "xcompmgr" will be working ? I'd like to impress
> girls...)

Yes to desktop resize, but compositing is a different problem, and I
doubt we'll have that in the next release unless someone funds the work.
  I am starting to see a trend of distros shipping without 2D WM support
-- Ubuntu 12.10 and later most notably -- but Fedora/Red Hat are still
supporting non-compositing, 2D operation with their WM's.  As long as
that's the case, there probably won't be much push toward supporting
compositing WM's in TurboVNC, since most large TurboVNC installations
are using RHEL.