From: DRC <dcommander@us...> - 2017-02-22 23:43:53

On 2/22/17 3:54 PM, Jason Kurtz wrote:
> I understand, Have you considered a kickstarter. I know there is a large
> base using turbovnc and even a larger base using virtualgl. There's not
> really a great alternative. I would be happy to donate to something like
> that. bvnc pro which is the closet has already made 5-20k on playstore.

I don't think enough people care about this specific project to make a
kickstarter worthwhile.  The intersection of people who use VirtualGL
and people who use Android devices is probably very small.  It's more
likely that this funding would come from a company who sees a potential
for simplifying or expanding its remote display infrastructure using
Android devices.  I suspect I'd have a much easier time securing funding
for an iOS viewer, but unfortunately, that's a non-starter due to the
fact that the iOS App Store doesn't allow GPL-licensed code.

Actually alot of projects use and depend on VirtualGL. I think the
intersection of GPL apps that could connect to it on Android. You would get
alot more funding then you think. The user supported pro version of bvnc is
a good example with 1-5k purchases at 5 bucks a pop. I have compiled it on
armhf running custom ubuntu 14.04 rom I made for one of my droid boxes to
dualboot ubuntu and used the oracle jre and it blew away everything on arm
system.