Aldo Bucchi wrote:
Hi,

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 7:17 AM, Aldo Bucchi<aldo.buc...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Aug 13, 2009, at 22:51, Aldo Bucchi <aldo.buc...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Ivan,

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 10:21 PM, Ivan
Mikhailov<imikhai...@openlinksw.com> wrote:
Hello Aldo,

I will extend the list of supported column types soon, to fully support
NVARCHAR, LONG NVARCHAR and ANY. After that, the only unsupported type
remaining will be VARBINARY (and LONG VARBINARY).
OK. And what about using " Function-Based IRI Classes" in the
meantime. Should that work?
It does not :(

What happens if I cast the nvarchar to varchar in the views?
This obviously breaks bijection as I might be loosing data.
But, I see no other way around.

CREATE VIEW X.X.Concept
        AS
        SELECT
          cast ( concept_id as varchar )        as id,
        FROM X.X.concept_table
;

and then create an IRI class that can be used like so

x:concept ( concept.id )

Note that I am 100% certain that the data in this column is simply
alphanumeric w/no strange chars. Basically, IDs that may look like
"980YUHS877"

Of course, changing the column type in the source database is impossible.

Thanks,

We really need this ASAP. So any workarounds are welcome.
Here's the dataflow so you get a bigger picture.

* Data lives in Sybase 12.5.x
* Comes in via respective UDA driver ( unicode, because some chars in
other columns may be latin )
* We link the remote datasource into VDB
* Create a SQL View to consolidate entities
* Then create RDFViews. Here's where we need the IRI class on a PK
which ends up being an nvarchar

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Ivan Mikhailov