On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 4:17 PM, John E. Malmberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> John E. Malmberg wrote:
>>
>> Craig A. Berry wrote:

>>> Thanks, I'll have a look.  A few initial comments mixed in below.

After doing some testing with my own revision of the third version of
this patch against blead, I belatedly realized that much of it has
already been applied to the development stream of Module::Build,
available via:

% svn co http://svn.perl.org/modules/Module-Build/trunk mb

which is rather far out of synch with blead.  Then there is a separate
branch of Module::Build that was made up to match what shipped with
5.10:

% svn co http://svn.perl.org/modules/Module-Build/branches/perl-5.10 mb510

This second branch is fairly close to blead, though there are some
differences in the pod and tests.

So we have a three-way merge on our hands, or maybe "only" two-way if
we assume blead has everything the 5.10 branch of M::B has plus a
little bit more.  I think it's important that we not apply any more
patches for M::B to blead until we get things synched up -- the merge
will just get worse if we put it off.

Ken, how can I help?