Ken Williams wrote:
On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 10:13 PM, Craig A. Berry
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
After doing some testing with my own revision of the third version of
this patch against blead, I belatedly realized that much of it has
already been applied to the development stream of Module::Build,
available via:

% svn co http://svn.perl.org/modules/Module-Build/trunk mb

which is rather far out of synch with blead.  Then there is a separate
branch of Module::Build that was made up to match what shipped with
5.10:
<snip>

I think it's important that we not apply any more
patches for M::B to blead until we get things synched up -- the merge
will just get worse if we put it off.

I would prefer to not apply any more M::B patches to blead unless
they're integrating from the canonical M::B code.  Sometimes the
bleadkeepers are more responsive than I am, though, so that's likely
why patches are routed there first sometimes...
Ken,

I do not know if you noticed the other thread about Archive::Tar on VMS, but I have found the issue with the ppm.t test. There is a bug in perl/vms or Archive::Tar/vms that is causing the ppm.t test to build a corrupt tarball.

I have a hacked Archive::Tar to work around the problem, but I think the problem is really in Perl, and I need to make a small test verify/demonstrate it.

With that fixed, the ppm.t test needs changes to not assume a case preserving file system. I have not worked out those changes yet.

So we know know how to get Module::Build completely passing on VMS.

-John
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Personal Opinion Only