Hello everyone - I did some searching through the archives and was unable to find
anything that was specifically my problem.  I hope someone here can help me.

I am trying to use VNCViewer version 3.3.7 on an XP machine to connect to VNCServer on
a Win2000 box.  I am coming in through a DSL connection at my home.  I have no
firewalls setup on my XP machine but do have a virus scanner running.  The steps I am
taking are as follows:

1.  Verify my DSL connection is running (get on the internet, check email, etc.)
2.  Connect to my employer's network using VPN and verify I can see the machine I need
using ping.
3.  Run the VNCViewer (I have tried the listener and the app).  I enter in the IP
address and it comes up with a password box.
4.  Enter my password - (I know it is checking the machine because if I enter the
wrong one it says "Authentication Denied.")
5.  Nothing happens - I do mean nothing.  The VNC client seems to disappear and no
errors pop up, no screens, nothing.

I am at a loss as to what to do.  All of the documention that gives help with VNC
problems on XP seems to assume you are running XP as the server, not the listener.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should try next.  Also, I am able to
connect to the server using another WIN2000 box.  I am pretty sure the problem is on
my XP machine - but I do not know where to start.

Thank you,

Erica