From: Erica W. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2003 9:10 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: XP Problem

Hello everyone - I did some searching through the archives and was
unable to find anything that was specifically my problem. I hope
someone here can help me.

I am trying to use VNCViewer version 3.3.7 on an XP machine to connect
to VNCServer on a Win2000 box. I am coming in through a DSL connection
at my home. I have no firewalls setup on my XP machine but do have a
virus scanner running. The steps I am taking are as follows:

1. Verify my DSL connection is running (get on the internet, check
email, etc.)
2. Connect to my employer's network using VPN and verify I can see the
machine I need using ping.
3. Run the VNCViewer (I have tried the listener and the app). I enter
in the IP address and it comes up with a password box.
4. Enter my password - (I know it is checking the machine because if I
enter the wrong one it says "Authentication Denied.")
5. Nothing happens - I do mean nothing. The VNC client seems to
disappear and no errors pop up, no screens, nothing.

I am at a loss as to what to do. All of the documention that gives help
with VNC problems on XP seems to assume you are running XP as the
server, not the listener. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I
should try next. Also, I am able to connect to the server using another
WIN2000 box. I am pretty sure the problem is on my XP machine - but I
do not know where to start.

Thank you,

Erica