vorl bek <vorl....@antichef.com> wrote:

> > The electric heating power is apparently used to suppress the
> > reaction, not to enhance it.
>
> I have never heard of any material acting that way. If heat from
> the electric heater is used to ignite the nickel, how would
> continuing to heat it after it ignites suppress the reaction?

First of all, "ignition" is only an analogy here. Nothing is or can be
ignited or burned in the chemical sense. There is no oxygen. There is no
fuel. No chemical changes occur in the cells.

Second, this is cold fusion, not combustion or any other chemical reaction.
The rules are different and the rules are not well understood. I have no
idea why raising the temperature locally can quench a reaction, but this
appears to be the case. If several other groups confirm that heat is a
controlling parameter, and raising the heat quenches the reaction, that will
make it true.

This is cutting edge experimental science. You can ask "how would" X or Y be
true. You *should* ask. But even if you cannot think of a reason, you still
have to accept that X or Y is true if replicated experiments prove it.