Eric Walker <eric.wal...@gmail.com> wrote:

It is clear that you're willing to do this -- you just posted a very nice
> post addressing points in Jed's reply and raising a number of juicy details.

Nope. He said nothing that "skeptics" did not say in 1990. Everything they
said then and that Cude repeats now was promptly disproved by experts back
then.

Most of what Cude says is on the level of the nonsense Taubes filled his
book with, or the ultimate, breathtaking nonsense of Steve Jones, that a
closed cell with a recombiner might have false excess heat caused by
recombination. This goes light years beyond a mere idiotic mistake, as I
said. It is like Taubes with his 50 degree thermal gradients, described by
me, here:

http://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/RothwellJcoldfusion.pdf

My sense is that Taubes is sincere. He says this stuff because he is a
scientific illiterate. He does not have the slightest idea how electricity
works, for example. He sincerely believes that regulated laboratory power
supplies deliver more electricity on weekends because there is more
electricity "left over." It never occurs to him that researchers measure
and record amperage and voltage. In his book he claimed they do not. He has
said that so often I think he must believe it.

Jones, on the other hand, is a professional scientist and he knows
perfectly well that his statements about recombination and the like are
nonsense. He is trying to bamboozle his audience. Successfully, for the
most part. It was obvious that he was trying to bamboozle me, in person. I
do not think he ever had the chutzpah to publish the claim about McKubre in
a paper, but I am sure he refrained only because he figured he could not
get away with it. He wouldn't hesitate if he thought people would buy it.
Jones will say or do anything to win at academic politics, as Taubes
pointed out in his book. Taubes may be a technical ignoramus, but he knows
a devious S.O.B. when he sees one.