On Sun, Feb 1, 2015 at 2:14 PM, Bob Cook <frobertc...@hotmail.com> wrote:

With the interaction of particles with linear momentum something has to be
> produced that conserves this momentum and yet is an allowed energy state in
> the new system.

Hi Bob,

I have heard elsewhere that a reaction along the lines of

   - d + d + e → [dd]* + e → 4He + e + Q (~ 23 MeV for the electron)

will not conserve angular momentum.  Is this true?  I think you're alluding
to something similar here.  Can you elaborate on the problem that you're
wanting to solve with spin coupling so that I can better understand the
underlying difficulty that is being overcome?

Eric