Axil, what you are describing as "proper sized" and "tubercles" are
applicable to Rossi's low temperature catalyzed Ni fuel.  This is not what
was used in the HotCat or Parkhomov experiment.  SEM images of the Ni core
from the MFMP experiment (Bang!) show that early on the Ni particles are
completely reduced of oxide by the evolved hydrogen and by 300C, they are
sintering into a sparse 3D web like structure.  Then above 900C, the
released Li-Al alloy molten metal is wetting to the Ni and actually
dissolving the fine features while completely coating the Ni.  This coating
is a Li-Al-Ni-H alloy and this is likely a new modality of LENR with Ni
inside liquid metal and with the hydrogen ions in the liquid metal.  The
iron in the Lugano experiment is a known catalyst to make LiAlH4 decompose
at a lower temperature.  That is probably why the Lugano HotCat worked
better at a lower temperature than Parkhomov (the Lugano temperatures were
significantly off, with the 1410C measurement probably ~1130C; I can send
you the paper if you want).  This also decreases that calculated COP by at
least 20% which is getting closer to Parkhomov.

Lugano and Parkhomov are commensurate.  Rossi's low temperature eCat
catalyzed fuel is different and the reaction there is gas phase.