Inline below...

On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 5:34 PM, Axil Axil <janap...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 7:20 PM, Bob Higgins <rj.bob.higg...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I meant exactly what I said.  Do I have justification?  Yes.  The first
>> is that Parkhomov's experiment appears to have worked and I don't' think he
>> made a specific effort to match the Lugano powder size.
>>

> Yes the powder does not work.

       The evidence says otherwise.  I believe Parkhomov to be an honest
man.  If the XH is never reproduced, then it would be likely that it was a
mistake.
       However, the evidence shows that what Parkhomov is doing produces
features similar to Lugano HotCat and I still think the HotCat produced XH
       even after my emissivity analysis (paper written).

>> Second, the Ni is dissolving into the Li-Al-H liquid metal at that
>> temperature, removing the fine features of the carbonyl Ni.
>>

> Rossi says that his nickel is 5 9s pure.

       5 9's pure has no bearing on whether the Ni was dissolving.  The Ni
has been seen in EDX (Ed Storms' analysis of MFMP ash) the Li-Al-Ni-H
solidified
       metal encasing the sintered Ni web.  It is now known that the Ni
dissolves in the liquid Li-Al-H.

>> If the small features of the Ni are not complicit in the LENR, then it is
>> not clear that size of the starting particles mean very much.
>>

> Where is reference to this?

       The reference is the Lugano report and Ed Storms' micrographs of the
MFMP ash.  They show the Ni sintered into a 3D web with much larger
dimensions.
       I have personally seen this sintering in my experiments with Ni
powder in H2 at much lower pressure.  I published a paper showing this.  In
the
       gas phase experiments, much of the fine features on the carbonyl Ni
particles are maintained, sintering at touching edges.

>> The Ni particles get reduced of their oxide easily by 300C and they begin
>> sintering into a porous web long before the reaction begins.  Thus, the
>> starting particle size bears fairly little relation to the powder
>> configuration at 900C and above.
>>
>> There is no oxide. Rossi says that his nickel is 5 9s pure.

        Chemically that statement, is total crap.  Whether Rossi started
with 5 9's Ni, it was handled in air so there was an oxide.  Further, the
reactor
        was sealed with ambient air in it.  The fuel also included other
ingredients (Fe2O3 for example, more oxygen and iron which is a normal
        contaminant of Ni.  Another contaminant is carbon because it is
from a carbonyl process.  The carbon may actually be a catalyst in the
        end, but it is there in tiny quantities and will be burned out of
the Ni before 700C.  The Ni oxide is easy to form and easy to remove in hot
H2.
        The 5 9's part is irrelevent in the reaction as long there were no
significant poisons present.  Rossi either used it because he had it or
used it
        just to be sure what he started with.