Yes, that is correct.  We do not have an SEM of Parkhomov's Ni particles.
You don't know that they were not similar to MFMP's.  However, the same
thing happened to Parkhomov's particles as the MFMP particles - they were
covered with liquid Li-Al-Ni-H at the time of the reaction and the fine
features were substantially dissolved giving the Li-Al-Ni-H its 4% Ni.
This tends to equalize bigger and smaller particles.

Parkhomov's choice of Ni powder seemed to have worked.  He didn't get quite
the COP claimed by the Lugano team for the HotCat (but the Lungano numbers
appear to be wrong too high).  In the Lugano case, look on page 43 Figure 2
- it is almost identical to the micrographs of MFMP, and MFMP was
replicating Parkhomov.  It is a pretty compelling case that all 3
experiments were commensurate at the core, save for some iron particles in
the HotCat.