If we have something that quantum mechanically entangles two dissimilar
atoms, then these two atoms become the same combined atom at the same
location in space. Will their nuclei combine in a fusion reaction?

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/everyday-entanglement

In the Lugano test, it looks to me like the 100 micron nickel particle
covered with lithium became entangled as a single quantum system. All the
nickel and all the lithium became involved in a nuclear fusion reaction,
Yes all N atoms in that particle and the lithium that covered it...both
Nickel and Lithium...transmuted into pure Ni62 in a single fusion reaction
through entanglement.

This is the only way that particle could have formed through transmutation.