Lennart,

I realize English is not your native language. I try my best to afford you
generous leeway when I can't parse your English grammar. After all, I don't
know your native language. That said, I must confess that in this circumstance
I don't quite understand what the point was that you were trying to make.

Here's my point. If the high school boy who brought in his science project had
not looked like a Muslim, this regrettable chain of unfortunate events never
would have become news. Authority based on suspicion and fear took over and
never asked for technical help. For crying out loud, the student brought his
home made digital clock to school to show his classmates and teachers what he
had built with his own brain and hands. As far as we can tell he never behaved
in a secretive way when he brought his home project to school. Would a
terrorist have revealed to his teacher what he had built? [Glad you liked it,
sir. Excuse me now while I go take it somewhere secretive where I can arm it.]
I would have hoped that those in authority would have recognized the simple
behavior of bringing a project to school to impress a teacher. Unfortunately,
authority overwhelmed with prejudice took over. Technical help never had a
chance to weigh in. What a friggin fiasco.

I'm glad he gets to show his science project off at the White House. You can
bet Ahmed's  visit will make news.

Regards,

Steven Vincent Johnson

OrionWorks.com