Lennart Thornros <lenn...@thornros.com> wrote:

I am just flabbergasted. "Making something that LOOKS LIKE A BOMB is a
> felony".. I do not say it is not I am just wondering:
> 1. How to enforce that (if I build one and do not show it to someone who
> report me and then destroy the fake bomb and someone reports me after that
> am I going to be convicted?)

Hey! The police explained this. Here is what they said:

We have no information that he claimed it was a bomb.He kept maintaining it
was a clock, but there was no broader explanation … It could reasonably be
mistaken as a device if left in a bathroom or under a car. The concern was,
what was this thing built for? Do we take him into custody?

They had no information, but if he put it under a car, someone might think
it is a bomb. Plus, as Arthur Clarke showed, if he put it on the moon,
someone might think it is proof that an advanced civilization visited.

So it all a matter of context, you see. In this case, imaginary context,
because he did not actually put it under a car or in a bathroom. But the
police office imagined him doing that, so that's proof he is guilty.

He is still suspended from school, by the way. Still guilty in the eyes of
the School Officials, if not the Law.