The media frames almost every worrying social measure in terms of people,
women or children.
Rarely do you hear the data just for men or boys. Two generation of
journalists have
lectured on how to think about society by feminist academia.

For example you hear about the glass ceiling but there is also glass floor
in the cellar. You will find more homeless men down there than women. Boys
and girls commit suicide at roughly equal rates as children but the rate
begins to diverge in the teen years. The average suicide rate for men is 3
to 4 times that of women, and it increases with age. I think it is at least
10 times higher for men over age 80. But of course these inequalities
reveal nothing significant about the status of men in society. And even if
they did, we first need to get more women into math.

Harry