Men also outnumbered women soldiers, warriors, pirates, violent criminals
and so on, in all recorded wars and battles, in every culture and era on
record. Of course there have been famous women warriors, but not many.

We can now formulate are automated warriors as women.

While fielding humanoid robot fighters is futuristic, their development is
not.  Researchers are busy creating these humanoid machines.  From the U.S.
Navy’s SAFFiR
<http://www.nrl.navy.mil/media/news-releases/2012/nrl-designs-robot-for-shipboard-firefighting>,
who throws peat grenades at onboard ship fires, to DARPA’s “Atlas
<http://www.theroboticschallenge.org/aboutrobots.aspx>,” who looks like a
precursor to “Battlestar Galactica’s” first generation Cylon, we have
evidence that humanoid robots are entering the defense sphere.  Yet here is
the question: Why does it appear that such robots are being created with
masculine traits?  And is there any compelling reason to do so?