Hi,
[snip]
>So the vacuum's momentum changes in the opposite direction of the increased
>momentum of the ship.  The issue is COM in my mind, not an absolute increase
>in momentum.  That suggests  momentum is not conserved.
>
>bob Cook

If you are able to push against spacetime, why would momentum not be conserved?
Imagine pushing against the mass of the entire universe.

Another useful visual model might be a group of ice-skaters. You can move by
pushing or pulling another skater, but you can also move by pushing a sharp
object into the ice and pushing against that. Perhaps the EM drive is a sharp
object?

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk