Few weeks ago in a private mail I had speculated about possibility of
a bound state of e- and e+ at a short distance through magnetic
interaction different from para/ortho positroniums and if the bond
will be stable this would be a candidate for dark matter (WIMP).

The new boson has only 10^-14 second lifetime meanwhile authors wrote:
"Such a boson might be a good candidate for the rela-
tively light U(1)d gauge boson [2], or the light mediator
of the secluded WIMP dark matter scenario [3] or the
dark Z (Zd) suggested for explaining the muon anoma-
lous magnetic moment [5]. The coupling constant (ǫ
2) of the dark Z having a mass of 18 MeV is predicted to be in
the 10−6 range for explaining the g-2 anomaly [5], which
could fairly well explain the boson to γ-decay branching
ratio measured in the present work. The lifetime of the
boson with the above coupling strength is expected to be
in the order of 10−14 s [4]. This gives a flight distance of
about 30 µm in the present experiment, and would imply
a very sharp resonance (Γ ≈ 0.07 eV) in the future e+e−
scattering experiments."