The wild card in all of this - as it might apply to LENR is not finding bulk superconductivity per se in an active lattice- or a bulk Meissner effect. That is not needed.

Instead the important detail is to be found in local effects at small geometries ... which might appear to be operating in the size range associated with excitonics or qubits. The well-known "aromatic ring-current" phenomenon, operating around a benzene ring would be an example which is seen with Mizuno's phenanthrene, for instance. There is no bulk superconductivity but the device could operate by producing dense hydrogen due to the current.

The bulk material can appear to be ferrimagnetic instead of diamagnetic and semiconducting instead of superconductive. However, tiny domains in the active lattice or catalyst - which are superconductive locally could be instrumental in the densification of hydrogen, but in a way which is different or complementary to Mills theory.

These active domains also influence each other, and carry spin information - thus they can be called exciton-qubits but the "hole" could be a real proton ... and thus not really a true quasiparticle. One decay of the qubit, we have the formation of UDH.

Here is an interesting paper which could point the way to such a scenario -

https://arxiv.org/abs/1405.4446

"A protected vortex exciton qubit" by Suvabrata De, Tim Spiller
(Submitted on 17 May 2014)

 Brian Ahern wrote:

How ferromagnetism arises from specific molecular orbitals is little known, because antibonding orbitals control the process. The magnetic anomalies above 11K for PdH - PdD are not Meisner transitions and are unrelated to the supercurrents.

*From:* Axil Axil
I found another paper on Palladium/hydrogen superconductivity

Sorry I am so late

http://www.redalyc.org/pdf/464/46434607.pdf
Magnetic and Transport Properties of PdH - Redalyc <http://www.redalyc.org/pdf/464/46434607.pdf>
www.redalyc.org
Brazilian Journal of Physics, vol. 34, no. 3B, September, 2004 1177 Magnetic and Transport Properties of PdH: Intriguing Superconductive Observations¤

Magnetic and Transport Properties of PdH: Intriguing Superconductive Observations

Jones Beene wrote:

    Hi Mark,

    Your quotes from the citation brings to mind the mystery
    connection to HTSC (high temperature superconductivity).

    Since the early days there was thought to be some kind of vague
    and undefined connection between LENR and HTSC. This is due
    primarily to the fact that palladium hydride is superconductive
    but palladium isn't. The quote you mentioned adds an explanation
    in the form of lattice vibrations. The problem is the transition
    temperature.

    BTW - for those who are not aware of the history of this - Brian
    Ahern (who was a USAF researcher at the time, specializing in SC)
    independently discovered Pd-H superconductivity many years ago -
    only to find that it had already been reported by someone else
    (and patented). It is still ignored as a factor for gain in "cold
    fusion" due to the aforementioned problem of transition
    temperature. This is probably one of the details that got Brian
    hooked on LENR - even before P&F and he also discovered that an
    alloy of nickel and palladium performs much better than palladium
    alone for excess heat.

    For the heck of it, I did a quicky search to see if "nickel
    hydride" has ever been reported with SC properties. This begs to
    be part of the LENR-CANR library even if the rationale between
    LENR and HTSC is foggy.

    As it turns out - W-L also picked up on the cross-connection and
    found the same citation I found:

    *Superconductivity in the palladium-hydrogen and
    palladium-nickel-hydrogen systems**
    **Authors* - First published: 16 June 1972 by
    T. Skoskiewicz

    http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/pssa.2210110253/abstract
    <http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/pssa.2210110253/abstract>

    The paper is a poor scan, I am trying to find a digital version.
    This is almost 45 years old ! Why is it seldom mentioned?

    This is a fine blog article from EM Smith on the situation (which
    I had read but forgot), It is worth a reread.

https://chiefio.wordpress.com/2015/05/24/widom-larsen-superconducting-hydrides-and-directed-speculation/

<https://chiefio.wordpress.com/2015/05/24/widom-larsen-superconducting-hydrides-and-directed-speculation/>

     MarkI-ZeroPoint wrote:

    Vorts,

    Haven’t had time to do much sci-surfing in 2016, but as is quite
    common in my life, when I get a nagging feeling to do it, I come
    across stuff that could be very significant…

    Happened to go to physorg.com <http://physorg.com> today when
    eating lunch at work and came across this article:

        “Laser pulses help scientists tease apart complex electron
    interactions”

    http://phys.org/news/2016-12-laser-pulses-scientists-complex-electron.html
    <http://phys.org/news/2016-12-laser-pulses-scientists-complex-electron.html>

    Title doesn’t really sound all that breakthrough, but for some
    reason I clicked on it and came across what could be the
    mechanism of action in LENR reactions which gently sheds the
    energy to the lattice instead of ejecting high-energy particles,
    i.e., the ‘expected’ mechanism.  To quote the article:

    “But they also discovered another, unexpected signal-which they
    say represents a distinct form of _extremely efficientenergy loss
    <http://phys.org/tags/energy+loss/>at a particular energy level
    and timescale_ between the other two.

    "We see a very strong and peculiar interaction between the
    excited electrons and the lattice where the _electrons are losing
    most of their energy very rapidly in a coherent, non-random
    way_," Rameau said. At this special energy level, he explained,
    _the electrons appear to be interacting with lattice atoms all
    vibrating at a particular frequency-like a tuning fork emitting a
    single note_. When all of the electrons that have the energy
    required for this unique interaction have given up most of their
    energy, they start to cool down more slowly by hitting atoms more
    randomly without striking the "resonant" frequency, he said.

    "We know now that this interaction doesn't just switch on when
    the material becomes a superconductor; it's actually always there,"

    Although electron-based and not nucleus-based, it still makes me
    wonder if this is one step in a multi-step process of energy
    transfer… nucleus to electrons to lattice.

    It is in a very narrow energy range, and is obviously some kind
    of resonance (coherent) condition… which also explains why it’s
    so hard to reproduce. Wonder if the narrow energy kink is
    anywhere close to _FrankZ_’s 1.094Mhz-meter?

    BTW, the research also used a setup which I’ve been ranting about
    for years… the electron stroboscope.

    "By varying the time between the 'pump' and 'probe' laser pulses
    we can build up a stroboscopic record of what happens - a movie
    of what this material looks like from rest through the violent
    interaction to how it settles back down,"

    Merry Christmas to All,

    -mark iverson