What the Rossi experiments has shown over many years is that LENR in a
lattice is not workable because the reaction cannot be controlled. This
lack of control makes the E-Cat technology untenable. Rossi has
realized this and Rossi is will to let this knowhow fadeaway. The LENR
reaction wants to operate at the boiling point of the metal lattice
(nickel) which is 3000K. LENR is based on activation of nanoparticles in a
dusty plasma. Rossi has struggled to control the LENR reaction at low
temperatures but he always fails because LENR would invariably get to 3000K
and meltdown his reactor. So Rossi finally decided to use reactor
structural material that doesn't melt at 3000K. This material must be an
insulator that does not melt at 3000K. Mills has stumbled on the same
reaction and his SunCell runs at the vapor point of silver at only 2200C.
Mills has solved the meltdown problem is another way, he justs runs
everything as a liquid without any containment. Holmlid is on to the same
LENR mechanism. There is nothing unusual with metalized hydrogen. In the
LENR reaction, metalized hydrogen acts like any
other metallic nanoparticle.

Using a lattice for LENR is a losing proposition. The dusty plasma approach
to the LENR reaction is the only way to go. I beleive that Rossi has
settled on a high temperature  tube material that works: boron nitride, a
transparent isolator whose melting point is 3000C.

Alan Smith wrote:
<https://www.lenr-forum.com/forum/thread/4645-rossi-blog-comment-discussion/?postID=62235#post62235>

*I do remember. BTW, eye witness accounts claim that the tube itself is
transparent, and the electrodes bright silver colour. nothing is visible in
the gap. I have no idea about sealing or anything else - except that the
plasma can apparently be made 'any colour you like'. The example shown was
glowing **yellow** when energised for short periods. That's all the info I
have.*

Unlike most other observers of Rossi, I know that the QuarkX works because
its reported behavior fits in with my understanding of how LENR works.

For example:

New research into polariton condensates has revealed a side emission
channel that produces light whose frequency is proportional to the density
of the polariton aggregation...for example, the dense polariton condinsate
produces a higher frequency light (blue) and a less dense condinsate will
produce red light. Rossi must have a way to control the density of the
polariton population.

See

https://phys.org/news/2016-06-…einstein-condensates.html
<https://phys.org/news/2016-06-superconductors-lasers-bose-einstein-condensates.html>

They tackled this problem by highly exciting exciton-polaritons, which are
particle-like excitations in a semiconductor systems and formed by strong
coupling between electron-hole pairs and photons. *They observed
high-energy side-peak emission *that cannot be explained by two mechanisms
known to date: Bose-Einstein condensation of exciton-polaritons, nor
conventional semiconductor lasing driven by the optical gain from unbound
electron hole plasma.

The details on this side channel are here

https://www.nature.com/articles/srep25655
High-energy side-peak emission of exciton-polariton condensates in high
density regime

In summary, eyewitness reports of QuarkX operating characteristics fit my
technical expectations perfectly in very many ways.