Axil Axil <janap...@gmail.com> wrote:

This lack of dense deuterium loading speaks against the old fusion meme,
> doesn't it? The working gas pressure is .003 bar.

Yup.

Mizuno's opinion is that to generate cold fusion in pure Ni, you need to
load it as high as possible. But, in this system, when you load the Ni
high, that reduces or prevents adsorption into the Ni surface, and the
interface between the Ni and Pd. He thinks that is where the reaction
occurs in this system.

My opinion is that cold fusion doesn't work in pure Ni.

I think there is no doubt high loading is essential to the bulk Pd-D
system. But apparently it is not a universal rule applying to all cold
fusion systems. That was a big surprise to me when I first saw this data.