On 12/28/2009 02:11 PM, Jones Beene wrote:
> [...]

But why do you think there would be less energy needed to unload the Pd
than it released during loading?   Nothing in these results suggests that.

Certainly if picogravity is at the bottom of it, you're dealing with a
conservative force, and what comes out must go back in if you're return
to your starting conditions.

Casimir is going to behave conservatively too in situations where all
you're doing is letting things smash together and then yanking them
apart again.