Jones Beene wrote:

There are a number of reasons to be extremely skeptical of this but I have not followed the CMNS discussion, so there could be more to it than meets the eye.

I have not followed CMNS either. But what I meant was that despite the fact that the patent is poorly written and the paper devoid of technical details, and the fact that people on CMNS have expressed skepticism -- despite all this -- sources tell me there may be something to the claims after all. So don't jump to conclusions, say sources. Quoting the immortal Fats Waller: One never knows, do one?

There have been many claims of heat from Ni-H. Mengoli is a good one, and so is Montereali. Srinivasan thought he had something with the classic Mills experiments but he was unable to create the effect during an extended visit to SRI. (For many months, as I recall.)