I know little about patents. As I said, that patent seems useless, mainly because everything in it was discovered by others. On the other hand . . . Maybe this combination of finely divided particles plus the use of nickel light water is unique, and maybe that makes it a viable patent. In other words, maybe if you bring together for the first time previously discovered item A plus previously discovered item B, that constitutes a newly patentable idea. I wouldn't know.

As I mentioned, Rossi told me they are working hard on new publications and they plan to divulge more information in the near future. She seems gung ho and she was very courteous, which is a good sign.

It goes without saying that high-temperature Ni-H cold fusion is ideal. It has many advantages over Pd-D cold fusion. The only thing better would be anomalous energy in the form of electricity, from something like a magic magnetic motor or who-knows-what. Or the David & Guiles cell.

I am such a stick-in-the mud, I am still not 100% convinced that Ni-H cold fusion even exists. It just hasn't been widely replicated, and the heat never seems to get above marginal levels. But if it does exist I am delighted. The same goes for the Mills cell, even if it is super-chemistry instead of nuclear.

Super-duper chemistry with a cherry on top is fine with me. I couldn't care less where the energy comes from, as long as there is hundreds of thousands or millions of times more than chemical fuel of the same mass can produce. (I believe Mills once told me the upper limit based on his theory is ~100,000 times ordinary chemistry, but perhaps a hydrino-theory aficionado can verify that.)