On 02/03/2011 03:04 PM, Jed Rothwell wrote:

> I do not think we should judge the results of a test based on the
> personal integrity of the person doing the experiment, especially when
> the people actually conducting the test are legitimate university
> professors using their own instruments. But when the person making the
> claim goes to such extremes as this -- listing non-existent
> universities and referring inquiries to a company that has never heard
> of him, for crying out loud! -- while assuming other people will not
> notice these things, it is impossible not to entertain profound
> uneasiness about the claims.

Understated, Jed.

I would bet a dollar to a doughnut that Levi doesn't believe it's for
real, no matter what he says in interviews.

Levi's report is a travesty, which could have been bettered by any 12th
grade chemistry student.  I cannot believe that that was a report
prepared by someone who thinks he has just witnessed the biggest
breakthrough in the last three decades.  (I don't mean his
/measurements/ were poor; I mean the /report/ was D- material, totally
slipshod, just thrown together.)

As I said in one of my responses to this list,

    "after reading Levi's report, that's what it looks to me like it
    is.  In short, it's a disaster on wheels for the field of cold fusion"

I had been starting to think I believed this, until I read Levi's
report.  Even if he'd only written it up for a few friends (or his
Facebook page), if he thought this was for real, I have to believe he'd
have done a more thorough job of reporting on it.

(Just my opinion, of course ... keep in mind I know a /whole/ lot *less*
about this than a lot of other people, including Jed, so take my
opinions with a lot of salt.  The smart money will listen to the
experts, and not to me!)