Abd ul-Rahman Lomax <a...@lomaxdesign.com> wrote:

Rothwell was trying to tell him how to involve investors, so that he'd have
> the money to hire help, arrange for manufacturing, etc. He wants to do it
> his way, again, that's his privilege.

I have been telling him that *politely*, I might add, for about a year. I
blew my top today with for the first time. I got sick of the wild goose
chase.

Other people have been offering to help him, sometimes with no strings
attached. He says no. And then complains he is overworked.

I'll bet he doesn't want to hear from me again! I have asked others
connected to him to make the following suggestion --

He should allow others to make arrangements for the 1 MW reactor
demonstration. Someone should hire an independent engineering consulting
firm, expert in heat measurements. I met some people like that while
investigating Hydrodynamics, Inc. They should bring in power meters,
flowmeters, and temperature sensors of various types: thermocouples, IR
sensors and so on. Even with a megawatt, assuming there is power input some
questions need to be addressed and a professional report has to be written,
or the results will not convince people. Done properly, it will convince
everyone.

A forlorn hope, I suppose . . .

Making a demonstration large does not necessarily make it easier to
understand or more convincing. The large-scale demos I saw at Hydrodynamics
were sometime tricky to interpret. It will depend on how much electric power
the gadget needs, how big the gadget is, the layout and how easily you can
see the components and identify them, and various other factors. I recommend
practicing the demo for a month or two before calling in formal observers.
It should be thoroughly rehearsed and scripted, like a trade-show demo put
on by IBM. No surprises, no ad-libbing, plenty of pre-printed take-home
material,  and videos, data uploaded to the web and so on.

When people say "demo" they envision watching the first time someone cranks
up the machine, like seeing the Wright brothers at Kitty Hawk. I have in
mind seeing Orville Wright at Fort Meyer, Virginia in 1908, when he flew for
an hour. * I want to see a professional demonstration put on by someone who
has done it dozens of times and knows the machine inside-out.

- Jed

* Sept. 9, 1908. On Sept. 17 he crashed and killed his passenger. It should
serve as a warning that even consummate professionals make mistakes with new
technology.