I wrote:

> Even with a megawatt, assuming there is power input some questions need to
> be addressed and a professional report has to be written, or the results
> will not convince people. Done properly, it will convince everyone.

And let me add that I think any professional engineer could take the 12 kW
gadget and use it in a demo that convinces everyone. Heck, I could do that!
Get a proper video camera crew and proper lighting. Write a script. Show the
audience the components and tubes and instruments. Anticipate and answer all
reasonable skeptical objections, which is easy to do, given the simplicity
of the system. Point out what's what, how it works, then let 'er rip and let
it run all afternoon. Piece of cake.

Anyone who has conducted a trade show demo or taught elementary school kids
could do a better job than Levi et al. did.

No need to go overboard on the production values. You don't have to be
Hollywood. On the contrary it enhances credibility when you look geeky or
professorial.

That is the most ironic aspect of this crazy situation. Rossi does not need
a 1 MW reactor to convince people. If he does another poorly planned, poorly
conducted demo with the 1 MW unit, he will not convince people. He imagines
that scaling up will give him credibility. Maybe it will, depending on the
nature of the demo, but not necessarily.