At 12:50 PM 3/30/2011, Jed Rothwell wrote:
A well-known skeptic shown up in this discussion. See:

<http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=484427&page=5>http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=484427&page=5

Joshua Cude is a joke.

Physics Forums shuts down cold fusion threads, I've seen it again and again, "until they can be moderated," and the moderation doesn't appear. It's just shutting it down.

Discussion of Rossi is pretty useless at this time, my opinion. It's just going to bring up all the same old same old, and we, as those who accept the reality of cold fusion, have *nothing to show* for Rossi. It's a secret, after all, what is actually in that reactor, there are hints, and some of them might even be misdirection, i.e., design to confuse would-be imitators. Rossi has no obligation to accurately disclose what he puts in there and what he does with it. If you had billions of dollars of IP at stake, tell me, what would you do?

My conclusion, based on what other researchers have written, is that Rossi is real, or it's a very sophisticated fraud, at something like the limits of what could be done fraudulently. But con artists can be just as inventive, if not more, as real inventors! Bottom line, I'm not going to be convinced that I know anything about the Rossi reactor until the wraps are off.

Brian actually said it correctly. He could be wrong. But .... it's not terribly likely, I find the fraud explanation not terribly plausible at this point. But possible. People are saying that Rossi has a lot of money that's been raised. Did those doing the funding do due diligence? I'd hope so! But sometimes, real investors, even ones who are normally prudent -- and they don't often have much money if they aren't prudent -- make mistakes.