From: Peter Gluck

OK, old friend I understand what you say, the energy of the pump is
consumed, is money spent for making the generator to work.

No connection with heat balance of the system- but goes to expenses.

Right?

Dear Peter,

Yes, but we can take it further. As a student of ontology you are fully
familiar with all of the logical arguments.

Allow me to apply reductio ad absurdum to this situation.

Let's say Rossi shows up with a reactor that puts out one megawatt of heat.
It requires a large flow of water, which is coming from a local dam and goes
into a sewer. This new reactor requires no electrical input at all !! The
heat is measured by a thermal circuit that removes heat from the stainless
steel reactor, and the new owners of this magical device use it to heat the
factory. It remains warm all year without any electricity !

Let's say the device is opened up and found to contain nothing but flow
constrictors - which convert water pressure into heat via friction - nothing
else.

Is Rossi entitled to claim that the megawatt of heat is "overunity" and
therefore free energy ?

He would be, if we followed this argument that power to a required pump is
not input power.

Jones wrote:

Dear Peter

I do not understand the problem. There are two systems involved: heat and
electricity

At the system level P-out is thermal and refers to net heat. The calorimetry
determines P-out for heat.

P-in for the system, not for the calorimetry, is determined by the sum of
all the electrical inputs. The pump must be included as it is necessary.

There is nothing in the calorimetry loop which is used to determine *system
P-in*.

Yes the heat loop itself may have it own designation for P-in and P-out, but
that is not for the system; that is why I believe you could be conflating
the two issues.

Jones

From: Peter Gluck

Want I wanted to say- the pump is part of the cooling circuit to which the
heat produced is transferred. Has nothing to do with the heat produced.

peter