-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Mon, 9 May 2011 21:20:04 -0400
> Von: Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com>
> An: vortex-l@eskimo.com
> Betreff: Re: [Vo]:You do NOT need dry steam to get electricity

> Years ago a lot of money was put into OTEC generation, which has very
> small
> temperature differences. Those techniques could be revived.

Yes, why not. But please consider the practical efficiency: 3%. That is a value
you reach also with thermoelectric elements.

The theoretically highest value you may reach with OREC is around 6% (having
sea water at 26/6 degrees C). But it is unclear if one day someone will reach
these 6%.

If I remember it correctly, Rossi wanted to guarantee 6 times more heat than
input power. Thats 16%, much higher than 3 or 6%. So, it will not work.