MoB you must be an idealist.

The main and some cynics say the only goal of business is to make money.

Skillfully adapting means to making money does not necessarily imply meeting
the needs and expectations of customers.

Today, the overriding mandate of sound business practice is to influence the
politicos as much as practicable to eliminate as many business regulations
as they can manage to avoid legal entanglements (aka going to jail).

Consumer protection and associated regulations is seen in the business
community as a restraint of free trade which stifles the economy as a whole
and their particular business activities specifically.

Intense competition and the forces of natural selection will force the most
well meaning CEO to acclimate to this lowest common denominator of business
behavior in the due course of time.

Kind regards,

Axil