Peter Gluck <peter.gl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> As regarding heat after death in classical CF it was rather rare- I cannot
> remember  more than 5 documented cases.

Not true. Fleischmann andPons in France produced heat after death hundreds
of times. They ran banks of 64 cells and pushed them all to a boil-off
followed by heat after death. Biberian and Lonchampt replicated that.
McKubre and the people at Energetics Technologies also say they have
frequently observed heat after death.

Frankly, I do not think heat after death is particularly important, or that
it holds any deep secret. I think it is caused by having a large bulk of Pd
that stores a lot of deuterium which gradually comes of the bulk to the
surface.

I do not think heat after death has any commercial value. On the contrary,
you do not want a reaction that cannot be quickly quenched.