It is misleading (and slightly anal) to believe precision measurements of steam
quality are required to prove it is not a scam. As Jed says for an effect of
this magnitude rough and ready estimation methods suffice: quickly feel the
steam and view the steam where it exits the reactor. If it doesn't sting and it
is invisible it passes the dry steam test.

Harry