Abd is right,

I've been trying to say multiple times that the meter measures
humidity of air up to 98% humidity.  The probe can go to 150 C without
being broken but that does not mean that it can measure accurately up
to 150 C.
But that's for *air* anyway.  We want to know the steam quality.  This
probe does *not* do this.

It takes an expensive complicated system to measure steam quality and
even then, the one I found on the market needs an overpressure of some
amount so that it can expand it into a chamber and then measure the
resulting temperature,

It measures *air* humidity.  Not steam quality.  !!!!!

Two months ago I offered to explain this to Jed on the phone and asked
for his phone number - because he kept misinterpreting  what I was
writing on this subject.   His reply was "no" and  "what's the
point?".  Well if he keeps promoting Rossi without understanding
humidity vs. steam quality then the point is he is helping Cold Fusion
take a big black eye without learning the difference between humidity
measurements in air and steam quality.

Rossi is dumping the evidence down the drain.  Why else would he not
dump it into a big tank and measure the temperature rise of the water?
 Abd says he just wants to confuse people and keep competitors away -
I say it's because Rossi is a fraud.

here are excerpts from my previous emails over the past 3 months all
lumped together:
============================
Rossi used this electronic device for electronic measurement (as was
reported) - model  HD37AB1347.   Relative Humidity probe model HP474AC
was attached to it.

Page three of this link (thanks to Horace) shows details of that probe
connected to the electronic device.  HP474AC has the following
specifications:

 http://tinyurl.com/45rwsvh

HP474AC Relative Humidity Probe specifications:

5% to 98% RH >>>  -40C to 150 C
+/- 2.5% (5%...95%RH)
+/-3.5%(95%...99%RH)
Temp +/-0.3C
=================================
Here is a link to a description of a "throttling calorimeter" which is
a device that measures the quality ("wetness") of steam.  Basically
the throttling calorimeter involves letting the pressurized steam
expand into a cavity and measuring the temperature of the resulting
gas.  It only works with pressurized steam such as 30 psia steam or
higher so that it can expand down to 15 psia or atmospheric pressure.

 http://www.plantservices.com/articles/2003/378.html?page=full
======================================

The HD37AB1347 device with the HP474AC probe is designed to measure
air with 0% to 100% humidity.  It is not designed to measure pure
water vapor with tiny liquid droplets (including zero liquid droplets)
in it.

 It isn't even close - there is no way that measuring Relative
Humidity will give you the quality (mass fraction of vapor) of the
steam.  They might have somehow used the device to measure quality of
the steam in a non-standard non-typical  manner but I can't think of a
way they might have done that.   The capacitance as measured by the
probe would be vastly different when measuring air saturated at 100%
compared to pure water vapor (with or without tiny liquid droplets).

If someone is able to find out what the vapor looked like when it left
the hose then let us know.  Was it transparent and high velocity?  12
kW should make a serious sized jet of water vapor that should condense
into whitish cloud some distance from the hose.
As far as I can see, they are still making mistakes by using a
humidity meter to test for the mass fraction of vapor to liquid water
- also known as "steam quality

from their technical paper:

http://www.nyteknik.se/incoming/article3144960.ece/BINARY/Download+the+report+by+Kullander+and+Ess%C3%A9n+%28pdf%29.

http://tinyurl.com/68wqoyy

it says:
 "The system to measure the non-evaporated water was a certified Testo
System, Testo 650, with a probe guaranteed to resist up to 550°C. The
measurements showed that at 11:15 1.4% of the water was non-vaporized,
at 11:30 1.3% and at 11:45 1.2% of the water was non-vaporized."

here is the humidity meter

http://www.instrumart.com/Product.aspx?ProductID=28689&gps=1

http://www.instrumart.com/assets/108/650AW.pdf

this does not measure the quality of the steam!

So they are again using a crappy temperature probe to figure out steam
quality (dry versus wet steam)?

This is so bogus.

 If the boiling water has a back pressure of 0.6 psi, the temperature
will be raised by 1 degree C

see here:

http://www.broadleyjames.com/FAQ-text/102-faq.html
  Is this the third time they have done this stupid method of
measuring evaporation of steam? Or is more than 3 times.  Does anyone
have the correct count of times they have done this?

Why don't they feed the steam into a 55 gallon water tank and then
measure the temperature rise of the water as *everyone* has been
suggesting?  They probably don't and won't because they are frauds.

Below is a chart of steam vapor exit velocity for Rossi's experiment
for reference.  It's a mixture of SI units and English units (i.e.
inches, mph, grams).

Col 1.   Black Hose Inner Diameter   (in)
Col 2.   Mass flow rate in grams per sec  (g/s)
Col 3.   Steam 100% Vapor Exit Velocity (mph)
Col 4.   Thermal Power (kW)

Col 1        Col 2       Col 3      Col 4
-------        -------        -------       --------
0.4             5           230        13.2
0.5             5           147        13.2
0.6             5           102        13.2
0.7             5             75        13.2
0.8             5             57        13.2
0.9             5             45        13.2
0.4             3           138          7.9
0.5             3             88          7.9
0.6             3             61          7.9
0.7             3             45          7.9
0.8             3             35          7.9
0.9             3             27          7.9
0.4             2             92          5.3
0.5             2             59          5.3
0.6             2             41          5.3
0.7             2             30          5.3
0.8             2             23          5.3
0.9             2             18          5.3
=======================================

On Steve Krivit's blog:
http://blog.newenergytimes.com/2011/06/16/preliminary-report-of-interviews-with-e-cat-trio-rossi-focardi-and-levi/

Steve writes:
"....On my request Tuesday, Rossi removed the hose from the drain.
Before doing so, he carefully lifted the last meter of the hose above
the height of the drain, allowed any water in it to flow down the
drain for a few seconds, and then removed the hose from the drain,
keeping the open end pointed up. I could see some white steam slowly
exiting from the hose. He said he had to put it back in the drain
quickly, after a few seconds, otherwise it could be dangerous."

It is hard to know the velocity of the steam exiting the black rubber
hose in Rossi's experiment.  Below are some calculations in Excel
based on all the liquid turning to vapor.

Krivit says (above)  "I could see some white steam slowly exiting from
the hose".

Caveat: In Krivit's observation we don't know the thermal power level,
the water flow rate or if it is just at the beginning.

Let's look at human breath velocity when blowing really hard as a reference.

I don't know the velocity of human breath - I tried to google it but
got nothing.  I did a back of the envelope calculation.
Assume One breath = 1000 cc (I measured mine when blowing very hard)
and assume you open your mouth so that the opening has a size of about
0.7 cm tall and 1.5 cm wide (I measured this to get this estimate)
and assume you blow it all out in 0.25 seconds.
This gives a breath velocity of 90 mph.