At 06:24 PM 8/3/2011, Jed Rothwell wrote:
Abd ul-Rahman Lomax <<mailto:a...@lomaxdesign.com>a...@lomaxdesign.com> wrote:

Boiler test reports are a set of variables found by long experience to indicate the operating health of a boiler. There is no way to compare this report with a boiler test.

Except that the data recorded in a boiler test is EXACTLY what you see here, for crying out loud!

Do you think heat from cold fusion works differently from the heat from a gas fired or electrical water heater? You can't measure it with calorimetry?

No boiler is designed to create very wet steam as a possibility. Now, the 18-hour test doesn't involve steam. That was the point. But no boiler will be tested with water at a liter per second! And I doubt that a boiler would be tested with the thermometer place in the boiler itself, unless the design had been proven to produce even temperatures within the boiler.

Boiler test engineers are working with long-proven designs that have known operating characteristics. Steam systems typically recycle the water, it's recirculated, and there is no input water, beyond a small amount to replace losses, typically from venting as needed. My own boiler does not automatically feed water, you have to press a button, to restore level as indicated on a water level glass.

You would *never* want overflow, i.e, water flowing in faster than is being boiled, except transiently to restore the level. My guess is that they don't do this automatically with my boiler because if somehow it stuck on, it could make a big problem! You have to hold the button down as the water feeds. It's set up to be fail-safe.

Of course you can measure heat with calorimetry, but there are several problems with the 18-hour test. In the end, it depends on the credibility of Rossi, because unless Rossi can be trusted not to manipulate the appearances, there is no test. Rossi has shown great skill at creating appearances. They called it "magic" in the RAI TV report. That was accurate.

Rossi has set up conditions whereby any definitive demo *must* exclude his ability to manipulate it. He could watch, remote from the device, to ensure that nobody opens the thing up. That's about it.