________________________________
From: Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com>
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Sent: Sunday, August 14, 2011 2:23 PM
Subject: Re: [Vo]:more speculations on break-up

pca <pierre.carbonne...@gmail.com> wrote:

Deploying one, let alone millions, of Hyperion units in unsecured places gives
plenty of opportunity for competitors to acquire the device and reverse
engineer its secret.  Defkalion's attempts to add security within the Hyperions
are not credible.  It's much better for Rossi to have licencee(s) build a few
large electricity-generating units in well-garded places, and sell the
electricity to resellers.

The strategy would not work, and it would not be allowed. It would not work
because "security by obscurity" for such a momentous discovery would never
last. Someone would reveal the secret, or steal a sample of material and
reverse engineer it.

It would work better than having thousands of reactors all over the place. I
agree it would not work for very long. If you wanted to keep the secret for as
long as possible, having a few large reactors is better than having thousands
of small ones all over the place.

It would not be allowed because no first-world nation will permit people to
build a nuclear reactor without first fully explaining how it works, and
without having hundreds of experts at national laboratories, universities and
elsewhere examine the devices to make certain the are safe.

It would be allowed and will be allowed. First of all, very few in the
mainstream scientific world or government thinks cold fusion is real. If the
NRC came knocking on the door asking what you were doing with a bunch of nickel
and hydrogen, you could say, "You can't think I'm producing nuclear, do you?"

Secondly, the government is so behind on cold fusion I doubt they will even
recognize cold fusion is real until after many reactors have been sold and
distributed.

Third, if the first world nations want to become obsolete and fall behind the
third world nations, then they will try to hold up cold fusion research.

The accidents at Three Mile Island, Chernobyl and Fukushima make that
unthinkable. The public would not stand for it. Nor should the public stand for
it. This is not 1948, when governments and corporations could do whatever they
please in secrecy. As much as I support cold fusion, I think it would be insane
to have anything other than kilowatt-scale research reactors in laboratories
until all of the experts agree they know how the reaction works and they are
sure it cannot produce harm. This will take many years, and billions of dollars.

This is cold fusion and not hot fusion. The public should stand for it, and
should demand it. If you think that the government should hold up the
implementation of cold fusion technology for years, then you are against
progress. The fact is that cold fusion technology is safe. It is just as safe
as many large pieces of equipment you can buy at Home Depot or Lowes.

The world cannot wait for cold fusion technology. We need it now, and not years
from now. Anyone who supports holding up this technology so their precious
mainstream scientists can spend years researching it before it is allowed on
the market, will be literally guilty of causing massive human suffering. There
are billions of people in the world that could benefit from cold fusion
immediately. If anyone tries to hold it up, they need to realize they are
contributing to thousands of children starving to death.

Defkalion believes they will be allowed to distribute these things in Europe
before the devices have been vetted by nuclear experts worldwide and before
there is complete understanding the the reaction. I think there is no chance
this will be allowed, even if the Greek Min. of Energy tests are completed an a
license is granted. As soon it becomes generally known that these are nuclear
reactors (as I am certain they are) the public and governments worldwide will
demand that sales be put on hold while experts worldwide test thousands of
units for thousands of hours.

I'm pretty sure the devices will be sold and put on the market, without any
additional hold up. The entire European area is in a massive economic
recession. We need this technology here. If we were not in an energy crisis and
lets say were already using magnetic free energy, then there might be a hold
up. But no nation is going to be the guilty party of holding up a revolutionary
technology that could stop Europe from collapsing. Also, if the technology is
utilized in the Greek and Baltic markets, it will be utilized all over Europe.
No nation will want to be left behind.

Details will be published in leading journals of physics and engineering, just
as they are for semiconductor or combustion technology. There will be
conferences with hundreds of attendees at which the technology is discussed in
great detail, where universities and corporations reveal their latest findings
and new versions of the reactors. Textbooks on the technology will be
published. There will be no fundamental technical secrets at all, any more than
there are for the fundamentals of semiconductors. All this will happen -- and
must happen -- before a single reactor is sold to the general public. That is
how the modern world works.

Basically, you just revealed you are for the status quo. The fact is, new
revolutionary technologies should not be held up by the scientific community.
If a technology works, the MARKET should decide if the technology is utilized
and NOT the government. The fact is, the academic world is what has been
holding back advanced technologies for a very long time. Skeptics like Bob Park
are part of the reason we did not have cold fusion technology (and other exotic
technologies) a long time ago. We do not need to let the academic world hold
technology back any longer.

If a technology works, is reasonably tested and appears to be safe (like the
Greek government is doing), the technology needs to be utilized. Again, this is
not like conventional nuclear power. No nuclear materials are added to the
system, and no nuclear waste is generated. Also, after extensive testing no
radiation beyond legal levels has been detected outside of the reactor.

If the governments of the world want to be extra careful, they could enforce a
law that (for a period of time) every reactor come with extra lead shielding
beyond what is needed.

In the modern world we do not allow automobile companies to sell a new type of
car until they first spend a hundred million dollars on crash tests and other
safety verification. We know more about automobiles than practically any other
technology, so computer simulations of crash-tests would probably produce the
information we need. But the public still insists that manufacturers start over
from zero and crash physical prototype cars into barriers. The public is right
to demand this. The extra cost of this testing spread over the cost of each
automobile later sold is small, and the benefits -- lives and money saved --
far outweigh the cost. Since we make such demands on automobile manufacturers
for a well-understood, well-known conventional technology, I am sure we will
make much greater demands for a new, unknown type of nuclear reactor. It would
be irresponsible not to. This will add only a few dollars to the cost of each
reactor.

I am personally against that kind of safety testing of vehicles. Unlike those
who support tyranny, I support the free market.

I am all for companies doing safety testing, but I do not think they should be
forced to do safety testing by the government.

The good news, is that the E-Cat technology is so simple, people are going to
be building their own cold fusion reactors if our tyranical government holds up
the technology for years.

The fact is you do a lot for this community. You have done a lot to dismiss the
insanity of people like Krivit. However, I find your desire for cold fusion
technology to be held back for years very disturbing. We need this technology
as soon as possible.