Joe Catania wrote:

Until I see the data you refer to all I can say is its seems like more of a guess.

Okay. Ask Krivit to show it to you again. It was there before.

It seems like a pretty good guess to me, since they told me they worked with the gadget for a month before demonstrating it. They did not say "we worked with one gadget for four weeks and then arbitrarily decided to use another one on the day of the test." I do not have your vivid imagination so I am not good at guessing or coming up with mind-boggling scenarios such as this, or people doing flow calorimetry without a flow.

Why dosen't Rossi verify steam quality.

He does. He uses a Delta Ohm RH meter or another brand. Experts tell me this is a perfectly good method. Self-appointed experts here say it is not, but all the real world experts I've heard from are confident that Rossi's steam is dry. They say it has to be, given the geometry of his device, the temperatures and the pressure (1 atm). I do not know enough to judge but I tend to assume that experts know what they're talking about, and I'm sure that this method cannot be as wrong as people here imagine it might be.

I'm also sure that everyone who does flow calorimetry does use a flow of water. Hence the name: "flow calorimetry." But that's just me. I take things literally. When someone says "I drove from Atlanta to Washington" I assume they meant they have a car with four wheels and inflated tires, rather than a magic carpet or a herd of buffalo attached to skateboards. I suppose I am making a lot of assumptions and you could be right that people do flow calorimetry without a flow or that the machine is several hundred degrees and incandescent but no one has noticed and the insulating tape did not burn because it is special ordered from the Russian Space Agency for patching up reentry vehicle nosecones. Anything is possible and life is full of mysteries, but alas most of the mysteries escape my attention because -- as I said -- I have prosaic imagination, I read the manual, and I assume that people mean what they say.

A simple steam velocity would verify steam quality yet I see no attempt being made to do so.

And how does one measure steam velocity, simply? Or in a complicated way, for that matter? You should get together with Lomax on this. With your imagination I am sure you can suggest a method.